Well-mannered, well-groomed dogs are welcome with prior approval. The family deeply appreciates your consideration of the house and furniture, the grounds and the peace and quiet of our neighbors. Please note the following restrictions:
• A $200 refundable deposit is required for each dog; max 2 dogs
• Dogs are not allowed on the beds, or the furniture, or upstairs
• Pick up all poop in plastic bags and deposit in garage trash cans
• Please keep your wet, happy swimmers outside to dry
• Do not use the house towels on dogs
Take care with your critters! The yard is not fenced, and
a busy road is directly behind the house.
There is no smoking of any kind in the house or anywhere on the property. Please inform your guests.
• Bring lawn furniture back to porch, pull boats up
• Put all trash in the bear-proof garbage cans by the garage
• Turn lights and wall heaters off; master switch by laundry room door
• Load and run the dishwasher
• Remove perishables from fridge and cabinets
• Turn thermostat off (or down to 50 degrees in winter)
• Close and lock all windows and leave blinds down; lock both doors
Closing the house in the winter:
To keep pipes from freezing, please do the following:
• Turn thermostat down to 50 degrees (not off)
• Close all bedroom doors but open bathroom doors.
• Open cabinet in laundry room that houses the water shut-off valve
If no one is coming in after you (winter only):
• Turn on all sink faucets
• Turn off water to house (shut-off valve in laundry room cabinet)
Open the house in the winter:
Reverse closing procedure to turn on the water.